**page under construction**
~working on updates in January 2021.
Start a vegetable garden with help from your local farmer. Want to have a garden but don’t know where to start? We grow seedlings for you throughout the year and help you grow the garden you’ve always wanted. We supply you with plants and support throughout the season to grow a diverse garden. We can also do custom orders; reference our spreadsheet below with what we can grow and email us with your inquiry.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Step 1: PICK YOUR PLANTS
-> Gardening Seedling Bundles
->Individual plants *with multiple successions for a full season of veg.
Read more below…
Step 2: ADD ON MICRO FARM PACKAGES for extra abundance.
Read more below…
Step 3: RECEIVE E-MAIL WITH PICK UP DATES and more information about each plant.
Go to our online store to buy.
SUCCESIONAL SEEDLING PROGRAM
Succession planting is important when growing vegetables because if you stop planting, eventually your garden will be empty. Salad greens and small roots like radishes need to be planted every two weeks! How much space will I need? And what about quantity? If you’re wondering…how much should I plant and how often? …check out the spread sheet at the end of the page to show how much we suggest one person would eat in a season and planting dates. After trying our planting schedule, get creative and create your own using this tool and make a custom preorder for this year’s seedlings.
In our plants nursery we grow the best organically sourced seed we can find from cultivars that have been tested on the farm and proven to be amazing! By joining this program you will receive up to 7 successions of seedlings from our nursery to help you get a harvest all season long! In agriculture, succession planting refers to several planting methods that increase crop availability during a growing season by making efficient use of space and timing. After one crop is harvested, another is planted in the same space.
After 5 years of field tests, growing 32 varieties and 56 cultivars of annual vegetables, flowers and herbs, we have documented what works well in our climate. Taking seasonal changes into consideration when deciding what to seed, we strategically choose plants that can combat seasonal environmental changes.
We want to help you grow a diversity of vegetables with the space you have available and it all starts with good soil, and healthy young seedlings.
We start our seeds in organic potting mix that is inoculated with mycorrhizae. This helps plants access nutrients in your soil, giving them the best possible start. Our seeds are sourced organically from Johnny’s Select Seeds or Urban Harvest.
Insect/pest pressure, poor soil, weeds, bacterial/fungal disease and poor planning can lead to a space in your yard that you avoid when you have friends over, or, with help from your local farmer you can feel confident in taking the first steps on a journey to self-sufficiency and nature connection. Now this space in your yard is where you have dinner parties and whip up a fresh salad from your garden buffet!
Step 1: PICK YOUR PLANTS
Garden Seedling Bundles
Individual Plants with multiple successions
Pick 1-30 veggies you want us to grow for you this season:
See list in our store.
Step 2: ADDED CARE
Micro Farm Packages
These four packages can be added onto your order through our online store.
1) FERTILITY package includes soil amendments to ensure plants have what they need to produce a good yield. Once you have selected your plants, we can give you estimate of how much fertilizer your plants will need. Feed the soil and the soil will feed your plants! Everything is 100% organic!
2) WATER SAVER package uses the efficiency of bottom watering plants with a small drip tape hose, drastically reducing the amount of water needed to irrigate.
3) PROTECTION package comes with hoops, row cover, insect netting and sand bags. This low tunnel over your garden space protects your crops from drastic weather changes, insects and other predators from affecting your plants.
4) PERMA BED package is a raised garden bed frame made of wood intended to prevent weeds from getting in, prevents compaction, provides good drainage and enforces a barrier from pests like slugs and squirels.
Systems like these, used by organic market gardeners, are efficient, low cost stratagies to grow an abundance of delicious food steps from you back door!
Step 3: RECEIVE E-MAIL FROM THE FARMER and more information…
Once you sign up through purchasing the seedlings/packages you want, you will receive a customized planting plan and reminders letting you know…
1. when to prep your garden
2. how much space your next succession will need
3. when your seedlings will be ready for pick up or delivery.
PLUS other notes like how to deal with pests, etc.